Citations to Published Appeals -
- In re. Impel Energy Corp., 42 IBLA 105 (1979) (state ownership of minerals under navigable rivers upon admission to statehood).
- Trinen v. Diamond, 616 P.2d 986 (Colo..App. 1980) (established right to jury trial on parking ticket).
- Gagnon v. District Court, 632 P.2d 567 (Colo. 1981) (leading Colorado case refusing to recognize newsman privilege).
- Meyer v. Schwartz, 638 P.2d 821 (Colo.App. 1981) (family relationship does not automatically create fiduciary duties).
- Pacific American Real Estate Fund, 1971-B v. Federal Associates, 650 P.2d 1346 (1982) (stipulation construed as a contract).
- Securities and Exchange Commission v. Blinder Robinson & Co., Inc., 542 F.Supp. 468 (D.Colo. 1982) (injunctive action brought by SEC alleging fraud in Atlantic City casino financing).
- Surplus Electronics Corporation v. Gallin, 653 P.2d 752 (Colo.App. 1982) (U.C.C. right to rejection of non-conforming goods).
- East Vail Townhomes, Inc. v. Eurasian Development D.A., Inc., 716 F.2d 1346 (10th Cir. 1983) (Colorado long-arm jurisdiction statute construed).
- Roeschlein v. Watkins, 686 P.2d 1347 (Colo.App. 1983) (duties owed limited partners by general partners).
- Weyerhauser Mortgage Company v. Equitable General Insurance Company, 686 P.2d 1357 (Colo.App. 1983) (leading Colorado case on joinder and consolidation).
- Adams v. Frontier Airlines Federal Credit Union, 691 F.2d 352 (Colo.App. 1984) (leading Colorado case on emotional distress damages for breach of contract).
- Rival 1981-IV Drilling Program, Ltd. v. Guaranty Bank & Trust Co., 732 P.2d 1233 (1986) (bank duties as to pledged collateral).
- Trinen v. City and County of Denver, 725 P.2d 65 (Colo.App. 1986) (entitlement to declaratory relief as to municipal ordinance).
- Crown Resource Corp. v. Gold Capital Corp., 650 F.Supp. 985 (D.Colo. 1987) (court supervision of proxy context).
- Schneiker v. Gordon, 732 P.2d 603 (Colo. 1987) (leading Colorado case on modern interpretation of commercial lease under contract rather than property principles).
- Boyles Brothers Drilling Company v. Orion Industries, Ltd., 761 P.2d 278 (Colo.App. 1988) (U.C.C. instrument reformation may be established by oral evidence).
- Concorde Resources, Inc. v. Woosley, 855 F.2d 687 (10th Cir. 1988) (appellate rules of procedure, real party in interest requirement).
- The Stuart-James Company, Inc. v. Securities and Exchange Commission, 857 F.2d 796 (D.C.Cir. 1988) (securities broker dealer NASD (now FINRA) "net capital" requirement construed).
- Brewster v. Maryland Securities Commissioner, 548 A.2d. 157 (Md.App. 1988), cert. denied, 490 U.S. 1098 (1989) (commercial speech - stockbroker right to truthfully tout stocks).
- Moody v. The Stuart-James Company, Inc., 883 F.2d 69 (4th Cir. 1989) (stockbroker right to compel arbitration of customer dispute).
- Pelletier v. The Stuart-James Company, Inc., 863 F.2d 1550 (11th Cir. 1989) (alleged defrauded securities purchaser must prove enforceable securities purchase contract. Fraud damages may include "benefit of the bargain" damages).
- The Stuart-James Company, Inc., v. Tanner, 380 S.E.2d 257 (Ga. 1989) (Equal Protection clause as applied to stockbroker employment tax classification as employee).
- Demers v. The Stuart-James Company, Inc., 900 F.2d 251 (4th Cir. 1990) (securities customer disputes subject to arbitration).
- Leonard v. The Stuart-James Company, Inc., 742 F.Supp. 653 (N.D.Ga. 1990) (securities fraud allegations sufficiency. arbitration duty construed).
- The Stuart-James Company, Inc. v. Rossini, 736 F.Supp. 800 (N.D.Ill. 1990) (federal court v. arbitration securities fraud jurisdiction).
- Lopriore v. The Stuart-James Company, Inc., 948 F.2d 1281 (4th Cir. 1991) (securities arbitrator abuse of discretion grounds to vacate arbitration award).
- The Stuart-James Company, Inc. v. Division of Employment and Training, 824 P.2d 5 (Colo.App. 1991) (Equal Protection attack on employment tax statute as applied).
- Millensifer v. Retirement Plan For Salaried Employees of Cotter Corporation, 968 F.2d 1005 (10th Cir. 1992) (right to contest pension plan construction by trustees under ERISA).
- Padgett v. Dapelo, 791 F.Supp. 439 (S.D.N.Y. 1992) (Securities Exchange Act "control person" liability).
- Van Schaack Holdings, Ltd. v. Van Schaack, 867 P.2d 892 (Colo. 1994) (leading Colorado case on fiduciary duties owed to selling minority close corporation shareholder by majority insiders).
- Padgett v. Dapelo, 826 F.Supp. 99 (S.D.N.Y. 1993) (required showing to set aside fraudulently obtained arbitration award).
- Foss Reality, Inc. v. Apogee Robotics, Inc., 205 B.R. 270 (D.Colo. 1997) (construction of perfected security interest in bankruptcy proceeding).
- Powers v. Graff, 148 F.3d 1223 (11th Cir. 1998) (under Federal Rules of Civil Procedure plaintiff not entitled to "relation-back" treatment of added defendants to avoid statute of limitations).
- Moore v. Gunnison Valley Hospital, 310 F.3d 1315 (10th Cir. 2002) (hospital peer review committee not entitled to absolute judicial immunity).
- Geman v. Securities and Exchange Commission, 334 F.3d 1183 (10th Cir. 2003) (review of SEC discipline imposed under Investment Advisors Act).