Welcome to the Law Offices of Donald T. Trinen
For almost 40 years I have been prosecuting and defending all kinds of business litigation (including resulting appeals) in state and federal forums around the United States, including cases involving:
- Contract Disputes
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Oppression of Minority Shareholders
- Insurance Policy Coverage
- Securities and Stockbroker Fraud
- Securities Broker Dealer and Representative Licensing and Discipline
- Deceit and Misrepresentation
- Accountant Malpractice and Discipline
- Financial Abuse of the Elderly.
I am admitted to practice and have practiced before the U.S. Supreme Court (1981) and eight federal circuit courts of appeal (Second-1989, Fourth-1990, Seventh-1980, Ninth-1987, Tenth-1978, Eleventh-1989, District of Columbia-1987, Federal-2003). I am Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" rated, which is the highest possible peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards, and my law firm has a five star peer rating on lawyers.com. I am also a Certified Public Accountant - Colorado certificate number 4797.
I have lived in Denver since I was a boy, and am a graduate of Cherry Creek High School ('71) and the University of Denver (B.S.B.A. '75, J.D. '78). If I'm ever disbarred I hope to find work as a Harley-Davidson mechanic.